Brisbane South State Secondary College – Dutton Park
The new Brisbane South State Secondary College (SSC) will service the growing communities in and around Brisbane’s inner south and provide additional enrolment capacity in the network of inner Brisbane secondary schools.
- The school will welcome its first intake of Foundation Year 7 students at the start of Term 1, 2021 and will deliver an innovative curriculum in collaboration with the University of Queensland (UQ).
- Located in Dutton Park, the new school will sit within the Brisbane Knowledge Corridor and be an integral part of the leading education, health, research and hospital precinct.
- Ms Kirsten Ferdinands has been appointed as Foundation Principal of the new state secondary college.
- Broad Construction was appointed as the building contractor in October 2019 to construct the new school.
- Works commenced in November 2019 and will be completed during 2021.
- The third level of concrete for the Creative Hub was poured during August 2020.
- Formwork preparation and multiple concrete pours are occurring for level 7 of the administration building and the Learning Hubs.
- Structural steel erection for the sports hall and service installation in the carpark has commenced.
- Due to COVID-19 health guidelines, additional facilities are needed on site to meet social distancing requirements for construction workers. The Department of Education (the department) has received approval for the temporary use of a section of Gair Park to accommodate these additional facilities.
|Client||Venmist Pty. Ltd. + Department of Education Qld|
|Product||New Vertical School Design and Construct Services (D&C)|
|Service||Mechanical Services engineering|
Photo Credits : BVN Architects & Dept. of Education